Tuesday, October 27, 2015

"Favorite Things" {July, August & September}

Precious Moments

Carly: "Mom...I love you all the way back to your toes...and I love ya more than anything."

Me sobbing when I heard my Nana had passed away..."It's okay, darlin', there, there...don't cry.  It'll be okay, I promise..." as she wipes the tears streaming down my face.

Luke:  "Mama...mama....mama....mama....bapa"

When he has done something wrong and is about to get punished, he throws himself into my arms and rests his head on my shoulder.  Buddy...I think you're sorry to be punished, not sorry for your actions. ;)

He fell off the ottoman onto his back and was experiencing pain on a more intense level than he usually does.  Brian came to his aid, picked him up and comforted him.  He began asking him what hurt, and after listing nearly all of Luke's body parts and hearing a "Yes" to each one hurting, both of us were laughing pretty hard.

Healthful Living

I always learn a new, healthy and delicious recipe when I'm with Anna.  When I stayed with her in August...she taught me that sauteing up some Kale, shredded carrot & chopped mushroom in a pan then adding eggs was the perfect breakfast. I make this fritatta-like bliss at least twice/week.  The kiddos even love it!  Even if you are a Kale skeptic...this one is worth trying & will make you feel good!

It tastes & smells better than it looks ;)

Places & Spaces

Carly getting quite excited to go to the "Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Boo" and the experience that came with the transformation into Cinderella!





The little bit of fall decor I have around the house...particularly this piece the kiddos helped me with. ;)


Growing Minds

We have spent hours adoring both Mary Poppins & Sound of Music!  Our family will BURST into song at any given moment spawned by any sort of sighted reminder of these precious films.  If we see a bee...we will sing..."When the dog bites, when the bee stings..." or if we are excited we will sing "Step in time!! Pick your knees up step in time!"  We have never been big believers of our children growing their minds by watching TV...but that philosophy changed when they were growing by learning MUSICAL THEATER! ;)

We used old crayons to make new ones...(actually this ended up being very bad and may have started a fire...you can ask if you're interested)



We practiced our colors with blocks


We went to the Science Center for a birthday party and Carly got to pet a snake! (eww)


Luke enjoyed the critters, too ;)

We played with ice cubes and learned that they melt quickly outside


No comments:

Post a Comment