Monday, March 26, 2012

"Blossom of Snow May You Bloom and Grow"

What a great time to start a blog!  My daughter is just over one month old and I've decided that in order to properly document her life I need some sort of motivation.  My sister-in-law started this great blog about all of her daughter's "firsts" and she has some wonderful memories documented.  I love the idea and thought and thought about what I might call a blog.  Then...my Mom told me that the song, Edelweiss, from one of our favorite musicals, The Sound of Music, was spelled with our last name in it.  My favorite line from the song is, "blossom of snow may you bloom and grow."  So to me, that's why I'm writing.  I'm writing about all the ways my beautiful little girl is going to bloom and grow over the next months and years.  I want to document those experiences and remember all of the little ways she grows each and every day.  I've already noticed monumental differences in her cognitive ability and overall maturity the past month.  Each day is special and I a try my very best to appreciate all of it.  Getting up in the night, the pain caused by nursing (I love nursing, by the way, but it's no easy task), settling her when she is crying and the giving up of my freedom.  It won't last forever.  Someday I will be able to cook again, clean again, exercise, be social and wear my pre-pregnancy clothing.  And...someday I won't be tired.  But it's not hard to get past the difficult aspects of having a newborn as there are just a million things I love.  When her big blue eyes look up at me while she is feeding, the morning naps that we've been taking together while she lays on my chest, the smiles, giggles, coos and squeals, the snuggles she gives me when she's tired and wants me to put her to sleep and really every time I get to hold that precious little bundle of joy.  She's amazing, a miracle and God's gift to Brian and I.  I think I will start tomorrow off by reflecting on the past month.  "Let's start from the very beginning...a very good place to start..."

No comments:

Post a Comment