Sunday, October 14, 2012

"1 Little, 2 Little, 3 Little Pumpkins"

Before I dive into talking about our lovely week, I want to introduce my newest cousin, Piper Meredith Hood, who arrived last week at almost 10 pounds!! Aunt Kayla did a great job of carrying her the past nine months, and everyone is beaming with excitement.  One more Hood child is due to arrive in the United States before Christmas, so I will post another picture when their family is complete.  I'm so excited for Joshua and Shayla I just have to share a photo!

JT (7), Baby Piper (1 day), Emmie (5), Shayla, Baby Zola (7 months) & Joshua
Carly has changed more in the past few weeks than ever in a two-week period prior to this month.  But, her 8 month post is quickly approaching, so I'm not going to focus on those things right now.  I will say, however, that she has officially started finger foods and has graduated from her Bumbo into her Highchair!  One day this week as I was feeding her, she began swiping the food right off her spoon and bringing her messy hand up to her mouth to put the food in.  I thought, "hmmm...I bet she is ready for finger foods."  Lo and behold I placed some puffs on her highchair tray and she knew exactly what to do with them.  Boy the pureed food just doesn't last very long, does it?  I'm sure in a few weeks she will be scooping up little pieces of peaches and pears, along with some peas and maybe some quartered grapes.  I already did some research on the baby Heimlich to make sure I am prepared if something goes down the wrong pipe!


We also introduced bath toys this week and finally let her sit in the bath without the sling holding her head out of the water.  Our water baby loved it, of course.







 This week Brian and I finally celebrated our 3 year anniversary (6 months late is better than never)!  We dined at the Coral Reef, a restaurant in EPCOT we'd been wanting to eat at for a while now.  It wasn't near the romantic meal that we had the first two anniversaries, but that's because our little tike was along for the ride.  I think when she is older she would really like the restaurant, especially if we sat right up next to the aquarium.  You can see it in the background here.  Carly also had her first taste of bread...we needed something to keep her occupied!



Carly and I also had a fun time getting into the "fall" spirit this week.  We bought a pumpkin and headed over to Christi's to carve it.  Well...it ended up becoming a Halloween "costume", and a super cute one at that! I mean, really, can this little girl get any cuter?  ;)





Fun times are being had in this Weiss household.  We are enjoying the break from our 90 degree weather and Carly and I have been able to go for multiple runs this week.  The lower humidity also feels nice! I hope fall is around for good this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment