Tuesday, October 23, 2012

"It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

This morning when we got up the temperature was under 70 degrees (69.2) so we decided to put on long sleeves and pants for the day!


Well, I guess it wasn't that chilly out if she didn't even need socks on. ;)  Regardless, the most wonderful time of the year in Florida begins when the temp drops and it's officially fall (well, that is my opinion).  As I walked outside this morning I thought, "Oh this is why we love living in Florida!"  I had forgotten why during the months of June-September. I am still contemplating whether the Florida summer or the Iowa winter is worse.  The good news is this wonderful time of the year is around to stay for the next 2 1/2 months as we head into the holiday season. :)

Besides for georgous whether down in these parts, we've also had a really great week.  Carly has been having a nice time at Christi's and is becoming more comfortable playing there (the first few weeks she has only wanted to be held).  Christi got some great shots of Carly this week (last week?) so I thought I'd post a few of those.  The first one is my favorite!


 
Sunday evening we had our small group over to celebrate Stefani's birthday!  Since we were going to have 12 adults and 3 babies, I went the hor d'oeuvres route so we could eat in the living room.  On the menu was chicken salad lettuce wraps, apples with pumpkin dip, a veggie tray, pickle wraps, meat and cheese pinwheels, pizza rolls, frozen yogurt strawberries and Nutella cookies for dessert.  8 months ago I would have NEVER thought I would be able to host again, or prepare that much food in one day, but it's amazing how slowly the things you did pre-family come back into your life.




Stefani with Baby Lucas, 5 weeks
 Yesterday and today have been chill days.  We had a play date with Stef and Lucas yesterday and today I think we will just hang out here.  I love my days with Carly so much...I think I must text Brian that at least twice a week.  I'm very thankful for such a great job, and one that is a "career" and not a gig that I do to just make an extra buck.  Work has been going well, lately, too, and I'm thankful for that. 

There are two other things that have made the last few weeks just wonderful.  One is that I have been diligently running.  Carly is so good in the stroller and desires to be outside, so she motivates me to get out and do it!  I feel really good but in two weeks have gained 5 pounds, so it's discouraging.  I know it might be muscle, but that makes it all the more real that I still have a lot to lose.  Afterall, I had a good amount of muscle content before I got pregnant, so even though I'm gaining muscle I still need to hit that pre-baby number.  Ugh.  Second delightful component of the past two weeks is everything pumpkin.  I LOVE pumpkin and have been using it in whatever I can.  Its just a great flavor of fall.  We got some pumpkin smelling air fresheners, too, so our home smells like fall.  I cooked the pumpkin Carly "wore" and she has been enjoying it with some cinnamon for breakfast!

The countdown has begun for Christmas decor going up after Thanksgiving dinner.  I wonder how difficult it will be to train Carly not to touch the Christmas tree? Ha!  Her recent demanding nature will have to wait for another post.  We are going to have a rough couple of years parenting this strong willed kid, but she sure melts our hearts when she smiles. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment