Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"I'll See You Again"

I am finally posting the last entry about our trip to Iowa...which was well over a month ago.  We had such a wonderful trip and it was the perfect way for a sick mama in the heart of her first trimester to get some rest and just relax.  I think the entire trip I had to get up in the morning with Carly, twice, and I got to sit on the couch a lot throughout the day. I didn't book us up with play dates this go around, knowing I couldn't handle being that busy, so I'm SO sorry if we missed you.  But, I'll see you again...you know I will.  Actually, I cried pretty hard on the plane ride home and then for then next few weeks.  Each time we go and the trip goes so well I just want to move back so desperately.  I want the help and the fellowship.  I'm so over missing every life event that happens in the lives of my family and friends.  Over it.  So, when this song was playing on the radio every day, I'd cry as I'd listen to Carrie Underwood's beautiful voice.  I don't think the song is targeted to a young mom who lives across the country and misses her family, but that's how I relate. ;)

Carly and I arrived a few days before Brian did, and got right to announcing the news of our new baby! My brother was probably the first to know (actually...I told Anna & Lindsay a few days after the positive test...I just couldn't keep it in!) and I bursted it out to my Grandma as I was crying to her on the phone about a particularly rough weekend.  So...there were quite a few people who knew.  Grandma and I came up with the idea of her ordering cupcakes, and after we were all together as a family, she handed each person a cupcake and told them to unscramble then. I had briefed Trey before the event and told him to just play along. ;)  The cupcakes spelled, "Baby #2."  I think my favorite memory was when Tiff got the "#" and yelled, "guys, it's hashtag something!"  HA!  My Mom figured it out and pointed to me while my Dad just looked at Carly (who was on my lap) with a confused look.  I said, "surprise," to which everyone yelled and I was quickly embraced by a man who had yet again let a few tears slip down his cheek.  Announcing babies is so much fun!

Grandma's BEST EVER Spaghetti that greeted us!



An excited group who all got to share in the moment together!
There is no way to give a day-by-day synopsis of the TWO WEEKS we were in Iowa, but I do have some photos of the highlights.  Like I said, I got to rest a lot and went on lots of walks with friends.  I was very excited to see two of my personal attendants who I hadn't seen in 2 years!  Both Jayne & Audrey just happened to be in Iowa (they both live out of state now) while we were there, so they made time to come see us.  They have both been major blessings in my life and it was a meaningful catch up time. :)  I also got walk/jog/chat time with Anna F., Carley, Renee, Stacy, Libby, Lindsey & Jen and had a play day with Lindsay and her boys, Eli & Micah.  We saw the Loecke's as well, and stopped on campus to chat with my old colleagues, but of course I don't have pictures of those events. :(



I think just about every time Lindsay and I snap a photo of our clan there is a new babe in the picture!  We have planned our babies opposite of one another and therefore share ALL of our maternity clothes! I had to pack a near empty suitcase this time bc I knew I'd be bringing tons of clothes home! I now have 15, yes 15 maternity dresses!

Carly had lots of fun exploring all the houses we went, but particularly enjoyed the elliptical, trampoline and berry tree at Grammy's house; which is where my parents happen to also be living at the moment.





We took a DSM day trip and got to hang out with my Nana, where Carly learned to play the harmonica, ate lunch with Mimi & spent the afternoon with Shayla and her kiddos.




We also spent a night in North Liberty with Carly's godparents, Chris & Nikki, and their very fun puppies!  Carly loves dogs and becomes more and more comfortable with them the more exposure she has.  These two were fun playmates for her!  We got in our annual trip to HuHot and celebrated Chris' birthday with some delicious Cold Stone cake!  Brian & Chris also got a round of golf in (which is actually about all Brian did while he was in Iowa...he even shipped his clubs there!  He's silly but we were both thankful for that time on the course for him!).






Oh boy...I think that about covers it...at least the photos I have to remind me!  We had a lovely time, thank you to everyone who made it special and relaxing; and who poured love into our little girl.  See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment