Friday, August 30, 2013

"Greatest Gift"

This week was a big week for us!  Wednesday afternoon we met with the title company of our beloved first home on Silver Palms Circle to sign the final paperwork on the sale of our home.  We walked out the owners of only one home (yay!) onto our ultrasound appointment anxiously anticipating to see another gift of life we've been blessed with (and the anatomy screening of our little baby).  The technician was busy taking measurements as we watched our baby do somersaults on the screen.  The baby must have turned just the right way, because all of a sudden the nurse said,
"Oh ya! That's a boy!"



Of course we were going to be more than happy with a healthy report, regardless of gender...but it sure was fun to hear her say that and look over at my husband who was grinning from ear to ear.  We high-fived. :)

I think my favorite memory from the ultrasound was Carly's deep concern for what was happening to her mama.  She asked to be held, so I placed her little booty way up on my chest and lifted her dress to tickle that tummy.  I asked her if she liked being tickled, to which she nodded her head and giggled.  I explained that mommy was getting tickled by the nice lady and Carly turned to her and said something to the sort that she approved.  It was so cute to see her care so much.  She has no idea that she will be getting a little brother come January, but she will soon find out.

And without further adieu, his name shall be:


We chose this name for a number of reasons.  Our son will be named after Luke, one of the New Testament Gospels. We know that Luke was a Gentile by birth, well educated in Greek culture.  A physician by profession and a companion and loyal friend to Paul.  But most importantly, he loved Jesus.  We have no greater hope than our son choosing to follow after and love Jesus with all of his heart.  

We haven't chosen a verse for our little Luke yet, but I can share the verse I will think of whenever I'm daydreaming of my son, a precious gift from God:

Luke 12:22
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.  (25) Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment