Sunday, February 8, 2015

"In The Big Blue World"

It was so fun to {have my parents and husband home all day while I ran around like a mad woman in order to} throw Carly & Luke a joint birthday party this year!  I chose an Under the Sea theme because they both really love fish! Carly's favorite Disney ride is Finding Nemo and both kids always find value in seeing the aquarium in EPCOT.

I had this plan to make a super cute birthday banner with their names...but they got this instead...




And at first I thought I should do soup because it's winter and soup kind of goes with the theme...you know...like a seafood stew (lol)....but since we live in Florida we decided we should just grill. ;) ;) ;p  So the menu included: burgers, hot dogs, chips, goldfish, carrots, grapes, blue punch, Swedish fish & marble cupcakes.  It turned out pretty nice.


I also had this great cake idea and was going to spend hours laboring over a cake that would get smashed...but my hours for the day ran out and they got these instead. ;) I was actually still piping frosting when the party began to arrive.


The house was sheer madness...it was so great! I could see that Carly was so happy...and it made throwing her a birthday party totally worth it. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of the bounce house! They enjoyed the jungle gym, too. ;)



Luke's special Whale outift


Carly with punch on her lips

The littles of the party


Can you believe I got all the kids to sit and pose for a photo? I told them afterwards it would be time for cake ;)



Luke hated his smash cake...again...




And Carly loved hers. ;)





It was too chaotic to do a an organized present opening event...but there were some who enjoyed watching.  Carly was SO happy with her presents.  I think on two occasions she hugged them. ;)





I have two favorite moments from the day: the first was when Carly woke up from her nap.  I had put up the decor while she was sleeping and when she saw it she said: "Oh mama! Ganks you! Ganks you for putting those up!"  The second was how much she loved handing out the party favors.  She was an excellent little hostess! :)

A special thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate our little fishies and to my parents for serving our family all week long.  We are so grateful!



No comments:

Post a Comment