Saturday, July 7, 2012

"If You're Happy and You Know it Clap Your Hands!"

Carly has been such an angel this week (when she gets enough sleep)!  She is so fun to be with and such a smiley little girl.  Every now and then she is super moody...but we won't focus on that. ;)  Just take a look at this happy girl!


Three things that she has thoroughly enjoyed as of recently.  First is her love for the piano.  I sit with her almost every day and we sing and play together.  I have a huge binder of worship music organized alphabetically and we have made it to the "H's" this week.  It's fun for me because I am brushing up on my skills while entertaining her.  Plus, there are few things that I enjoy more than singing worship songs.  That time is so special and one of the few times she will just sit on my lap!

She also loves to shout!  She will shout at her toys and wiggle & squirm to try to grab at them.  She also likes to lay on top of us and the big bouncy ball as we move it around as if she is on a roller coaster!  You can commonly find us playing with her this way:


How stinkin' cute is that?!  She loves it when we give her our undivided attention!

Lastly, our girl has perfected those grabbing skills!  Last week, when we would show her a toy, she would look at it for a while then remember that she could reach out and touch it.  But this week, as soon as it's within reach she has it in her hand!  When we sit her on the counter in her little Bumbo she will grab everything around her...so watch out!

Singing, talking, playing...that's our girl this week.  There is also some whining and complaining in there, but we are still trying to figure out how to get her more sleep.  I think some of her whining will go away once she feels more rested.  But sleep has always been a struggle with her, so I suppose that is nothing new.  We have finally begun sleep training...but that deserves a post of it's own!

This week has been filled with play time!  We had a play date with my friend Jenny and her kiddos Karis (2) and Issac (one week younger than Carly).  We hung out with John & Jodi from Iowa twice and had Mitch & Kelly over for dinner.  We love spending time with so many friends! 

Brian snapped this photo of Carly and I yesterday...My hair was kind of crazy but the photo turned out really cute.  She is such a sweet heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment