Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Oh We Will Fight, Fight, Fight For Iowa State!"

Football season is here!  We may be far away from Jack Trice today, but you can bet this household is cheering on the Cyclones!  


And since I'm writing...I might as well give an update of the past two weeks.  There are a million little details I could report but I will spare the details and give you the highlights and lowlights. :)

Highlights:
  • Carly is eating like a champ--loves her peas and eats an entire cube at each meal.  We just began eating twice/day!  She has definitely incorporated it into her diet, because when it's time for lunch she gets fussy!
  • Took a long nap cuddling during a rain storm.
  • Slept in until 10:30am with me after a long work week
  • Carly is sitting up all the time and very straight.  Rarely falls over anymore and has figured out the crawling position but then flattens out on before going anywhere.
  • Had a fun day as a family two weekends ago, eating one of the best meals we've had on property at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and spending an afternoon at Magic Kingdom. 
  • Carly moved into size 2 diapers and 6-9 month clothing (in sleepers)
  • Introduced a sippy cup with water so Carly is prepared to release the pressure in her ears on our flights to Iowa in 10 days.
  • Welcomed Carly's newest friend, Holden, into the world.  He was born at the same hospital as Carly, and just being there made me want to have that experience again!  Hated pregnancy, but loved labor, delivery and the sweet days I got in the hospital following the big event with my newborn on my chest.  I'm crazy...but being totally honest.  
  • Nana (my Mom), Grammy (my Mom's, Mom) came and stayed with us for 5 days
  • And finally...CARLY DOESN'T HAVE TO GO TO DAYCARE.  My friend Christi called a few weeks ago and said she had been thinking/praying about watching Carly and would love to watch her on Fridays and Saturdays.  She is home with her two kids anyway (Jude-2 years old, Eden-9 months old).  What a blessing and another example of God's provision and faithfulness in our lives.  Hopefully the transition is smooth for everyone involved!  I can't tell you what an amazing blessing this is.  I would have tears over thinking about her going to daycare at least once a week and bottom line is at this stage in her life she will receive better care from Christi, who I trust completely!  She will also become very good friends with Jude & Eden and will grow a healthy attachment to them, rather than her caregivers changing everyday at daycare.  Carly starts with Christi on Friday, September 21st.
Lowlights:
  • Worked 19 hours in 24...closed then opened.
  • Have been feeling very sick after each work week...these long hours into the middle of the night have in fact caught up with me and I am beyond tired and actually feeling ill.
  • Due to her change of diet...she is having trouble making a bowel movement which causes some tummy aches. :(
  • Screamed her head off, off-and-on for an hour one day I believe due to teething.  She was only consoled by bouncing vigorously on the ball!  Reminded me of those first 2 months home from the hospital
  • Long naps have once again gone out the window.
  • Have a lack of motivation to get anything done, including working out, dieting and cleaning.  Not good and I think it stems from feeling exhausted and sick.
The only other "new" thing going on is Carly's intense attachment to me.  She wants me to be with her ALL the time, and if I am in the room she wants to be with me.  If she is going to play with someone else I essentially have to be out of sight.  I couldn't categorize this in "highlight" or "lowlight" because I love that she feels so secure in my arms, but it's tough when she won't go to other people.  It is a perfectly normal stage for a 6 month old to go through, and it won't last forever...but it may make our trip to Iowa a bit more complicated since others will want her to give them attention!

Other than that here are some cute photos of her playing on her rocking chair.  These rompers are my favorite clothes she wears...they are perfect for Florida! :)





Oh and did I mention...GO CLONES! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment