Friday, August 31, 2012

"It's My Last Name"

Carly may not share her last name with my side of the family, but she shares her middle name with every first born woman on my maternal side since 1812.  There have been 8 women with the name "Ann", and this week 4 of the 8 of them got to spend time together.  My Mom and Grammy came to visit us this week and we had a delightful time!  It was Grammy's first time meeting Carly.  They are 83 years a part.  I was so excited to see her as I hadn't seen her since Christmas of 2010!  I hope we never go that long without seeing one another again!  I think it's fairly rare to have four generations of the same gender living at the same time, so we are blessed to be able to have this photo: 


The "Ann's" arrived late Saturday night, ready for three days of babysitting while Brian and I were at work!  Sunday we went to church, Monday we went grocery shopping and Tuesday we all had lunch together (Brian, too) and that was about it since I had to leave for work each day.  Brian also got to play 2 rounds of golf on Tuesday...a very special treat for him!  Although I wasn't around...the other 3 generations of ladies sure had fun together!





Wednesday Brian and I received the gift of time, as the "Ann's" stayed home with Carly while we went on our first date since becoming parents.  We went to Typhoon Lagoon, one of Disney's waters parks.  In two hours we were able to ride our favorite slides, spend time in the wave pool and take a cruise on the lazy river.  We then met Nana, Grammy & Carly at Disney's, Old Key West Resort for lunch at Olivia's Cafe. It was delicious and we will definitely be returning!  Brian had the Shrimp Po Boy...and it was probably the best thing on the menu!  Yummy!  After lunch we took a boat to Downtown Disney, where we did some shopping.  We took the boat back and Nana & Grammy took Carly home while Brian & I went to pick Meg up from the airport.  Her family is vacationing here this weekend and flights were way cheaper for her to come in a day early so we thought that would be the perfect opportunity to spend some time together!  Wednesday was a great day...and really the only full day we got all together.  I wish they would have been able to stay a few more days!

Thursday my Mom took Grammy to Tampa, where she will be spending the weekend with her brother and his kids.  When she came back we dropped Meg off at her resort, visited Brian at work, ran some errands, ate dinner and then it was goodbyes as she took off at 5:30am today! 

Thanks for coming, cooking me freezer meals, taking care of my baby and letting Brian and I have some quality time together!  Let's press the "repeat" button soon!  See you in 12 days!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment