Monday, August 20, 2012

"Count Your Blessings, Name Them One-By-One!"

I wanted to take a quick minute to recap our fun week and share some more 6-month photos of Carly.  We had a fun outdoor photo shoot on my baby blanket.  Brian wasn't thrilled that Carly was essentially naked, but stylistically it's a really popular ensemble to do with baby girls. 

Here's a quick week recap:

Wednesday we had such a great day as a family.  We hung low in the morning, had Carly's doctor's appointment in the afternoon and decided to just spend time in Celebration before heading to Bible Study.  We hung out at the splash pad, grabbed a coffee and ate at the Town Tavern.  I love spending time with Brian & Carly more than anything else in the world.  I look forward to a time in our life when we can have two days off together again. :)

Thursday we hung out with Jenny, Karis and Issac.  Carly & Issac are both such cute babies.  Issac is super chill and has a beautiful smile! Karis is one of the sweetest girls I've ever met.  It warms my heart that she always remembers to greet Carly when she sees us. 


Friday we hung with Christi, Eden & Jude.  Eden and Carly will soon be really good friends!  Eden has a lot of personality and I bet she will teach Carly new tricks all the time as she is 2 1/2 months older!  Isn't Eden just beautiful?  She has gorgeous hair, too!  Christi also gave me a lesson on using my camera...so naturally I went home and practiced!!  I hope I can someday take semi-professional looking photos of my kiddos. :)


Saturday was a big day!  We threw a baby shower for James & Stefani who will be welcoming a baby boy next month! After the shower we all went over to their place for dinner and fellowship. Here are a few photos from the fun day.

super cute monkey cupcakes

James & Stef with Carly

Carly and Amanda hang out every Sunday afternoon!

All the girls from our Life Grop--Chelsi, Amanda, Stefani, me & Carly
Carly does really well when we are out and about.  She actually prefers being out than being at home.  I'm thankful she travels well and enjoys being social.  The past few weeks she has been extra needy for me to be with her, however, so it's becoming harder to leave her.

Alright...here are the pics of Carly as a little ballerina.  She is so precious...even if the tutu was a bit itchy!




And finally, Carly babbles all the time.  I could listen to it all day long.  I hope you enjoy hearing her sweet voice, too!


We've had a fun week of fellowship and quality time together.  God has blessed us richly with friends in the same stage of life as us.  When we found out we were expecting, we didn't have any friends in Florida with kids.  Now we have play dates nearly everyday!  I'm counting that as a huge blessing. :)  Thanks to Celebration Community Church for taking us in and including us as part of your family...you guys are the body Christ calls us to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment