Saturday, August 11, 2012

"All Around the Mulberry Bush..."

Another week has come and gone and I keep trying to figure out how all these weeks keep flying by?!  I guess when your week is split up into three very different components, it just goes round and round!  Three days at work, 1 day as a family, 3 days with Carly, repeat.  It truly feels like we are the only family with such an odd life, but I know full well we are not!  Even so, I had three different people ask me this week, "So what are you guys up to this weekend?"  HA!  We don't get a weekend!  When will they figure that out?  Nevertheless, we have a great life and are very satisfied with what God has provided.  Here are the highlights from this week:

After Carly's Grandma left on Tuesday, I went to work while Daddy and Carly played.  Wednesday we had lunch at Coronado Springs as Brian needed to be at an awards banquet that day. I FINALLY got to meet his boss and she was a delight!  I feel like I know his co-workers pretty well now, so I'm pretty comfortable sitting and chatting with them.  All the ladies he is surrounded by just adore him, and it was fun yet again for him to show off his daughter to her "aunts".  "Oh, this is Brian's baby?  She looks just like him!"  I wonder if we will ever get tired of hearing that? :)

Thursday we had a great hang low day, full of sitting up!  She leans a bit still and gets tired after about 5 minutes, but she does enjoy that she is capable of looking at her toys from a different angle!  She is also very good an maneuvering herself over to whatever she is after.  It's so fun to watch!


She has always loved to stick her fingers in her mouth, but recently she has decided to flip her hand over and suck on them nails down. Looks uncomfortable to me!


Friday we spent a good portion of the day with our friend Stefani at the pool.  Carly loved it.  She was splashing around and when I would lay her in the water on her back she would just smile from ear to ear.  She was in there a good 45 minutes before she got tired of it.  I wish I would have snapped a picture because she was pretty adorable in her little bonnet and cherry swimsuit!

This morning we got up bright and early and we got our walk, workout and shower in all before 10am (well, we walked, the other parts she slept through)!  That is a record!  I haven't taken a shower before noon since she was born!  Might I say as well that a walk at 8:30am is QUITE a bit cooler than a walk at 2pm.  We should do that more often! I like that she is getting up between 6:30am-7am these days rather than 9am-9:30am.  Yes, I'm much more tired, but I like the flexibility it provides during the day.

Then we were off to Jude's 2-year-old birthday party!  I realized while we were there that this was Carly's first birthday party!  Wohoo!  In honor I decided to snap some photos of her in a party hat.







No comments:

Post a Comment