Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"I've Got a River of Life Flowing Within Me"

Grandma is here!  Carly and I ventured to the airport Friday afternoon to pick her up and she leaves this afternoon.  We have had such a great time...Carly seems to just adore her, and I think it's safe to say vice versa is true as well. :)  I think Carly can tell when someone is completely in love with her...because she has been so comfortable with Grandma, and usually she is a bit shy of new people.  It's so cute, every time she wakes up from a nap or gets done nursing, she finds Grandma and gives her the biggest smile.

Friday we hung low, went to Sonny's for dinner...you know, the usual. ;)  Saturday we had a great day...starting at 6:30am when Carly decided to be up for the day (She usually sleeps til 9).  She has recently decided that 9-9 1/2 hours of sleep is what she wants these days, rather than 11!  So we got right up, played, went to the grocery store and then after her afternoon nap we headed to Celebration for some shopping!  We also stopped by the big water fountain there because Carly loves looking at it!  Here are some cute pics of Grandma and Carly enjoying the water!



We go to Celebration quite often, and the fountain is always at the top of our list!  The Downtown area has some unique boutique shopping, which I LOVE, and I found myself some super cute shoes that I'm totally excited about!  First new thing I've bought for myself since having Carly.  :)

After shopping we went over to Starbucks to get our light mocha frappuccinos!  YUM!  We walked down by the lake and sat in some rocking chairs under an umbrella.  It was a lovely time.  Rhonda and I share a lot of the same interests, and we captured quite a few that day: we both love shopping, walking, coffee (Starbucks), sitting outside and we both love being with Carly.  We just sat there thinking, "this is the life!"  AND...Rhonda got to see her first Gator in Florida!  He swam right by us with his little eyeballs peeking out of the water.  Here's a pick of us enjoying our afternoon (Carly was perfect...she decided to cry right at the moment we were taking a picture, so you'll have to excuse her.  You will also have to excuse the thumb of the man who took the photo):


We walked back up the plaza and posed by another small fountain.  Goodness my girl just loves the water!  When she was an infant that was one of the few things that would calm her down immediately.  She wanted to jump right in!




Sunday we went to church and hung low before I went to work.  Brian got a treat of ordering pizza that night (I'm on a strict diet...no pizza allowed in this household when I'm home!) and they enjoyed spending time outside and watching the Olympics.  Monday was a bit of a repeat of Sunday and today has been a fun morning of grilling steaks and spending time together!  The weekend went so quickly...I wish she had a couple more days here.  I'm sure she does, too.  Her and Carly have had such a wonderful time together.

OH, and did I mention Carly is sitting up all on her own?!?! She can't get herself into the position but if you sit her down she can stay for a good minute or two!  So fun to for her to reach milestones while family is in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment