Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Life is Highway"

We have had a really good week.  Coming off of a rough one, it was good to have great quality time, much productivity, time with family and friends and one very happy girl.  Monday started out just wonderful as I met Brenna for lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe and then got to see Brian's aunt and uncle there as well (I think I actually mentioned those two things last post).  Tuesday began a week long jaunt of changes for Carly but one very, very happy girl.  I don't think I've ever seen her so happy for such a long period of time before.  She is just the funnest person to be with these days...and getting easier and easier all the time.  I think the biggest reason is because she has finally, after nearly 11 months, decided that she might actually enjoy taking a nap longer than 30 minutes.  This past week she has woken up so happy and rested and ready to take on the rest of the day (until yesterday, of course, when she didn't take one single nap all day long...lol).  I hope she chooses to continue those long periods of slumbering!

Wednesday was my favorite day of the week.  Brian got up early to continue the house painting extravaganza (not like this whole moving thing will ever actually happen), and then we all marched out the door to meet Crystal and Dick for lunch at Le Chefs de France!  We had a wonderful experience, and I think we all really enjoyed our meals, as well!



We enjoyed walking around EPCOT together for the next several hours, and our time included; Brian getting to ride the newly refurbished Test Track, an Oolong Tea Slush from China and Brian and I getting to ride Soarin' together for the first time since little miss was born!  Crystal and Dick graciously volunteered to hang out with Carly while Brian and I enjoyed a quick half hour date. :)


Carly perfected her "sucking thru a straw" skills!

Thursday was the normal Carly/Daddy day and I closed at work, so I actually got to hang out with them in the morning...but it meant Friday morning I was totally beat.  Carly was more than happy to play on her own while I laid on the living room floor resting.  Carly has also really grown fond of her babysitter, Jen, and it makes my heart smile when Jen walks in the house and Carly dashes after her grinning.  As stressful as this year has been trying to keep Carly out of daycare, I think I'm glad I did it.  At some point Jen will likely get a full-time job and have to step down, but for now we are loving having her around!  And...Carly is only a month from being one, so at that point she would probably enjoy the socialization of daycare.

Each Saturday morning, Carly and I watch a little boy named Jacob, and then Jen comes over in the afternoon to watch them both while I head to work (I always work a late[ish] shift on Saturdays).  Carly and Jacob are 5 months a part and now that they are used to one another, really enjoy having each other around.  Jacob will fuss if Carly stops playing with him and Carly likes to stroke his hair, crawl on top of him, steal his paci, eat his food, you know...;) 


This week I am also back to eating normally as my "project get-skinny" regimen came to a screeching halt when I realized my milk supply had completely plummeted.  I had it all worked out and had been planning the whole month of December to lose these last 10-15 pounds by eating only fruits and veggies with a very small amount of protein in the morning (ie 2 eggs, a can of tuna, 3oz of chicken, etc.) starting on NYE (one day before everyone else starts their weight loss plans).  It was very hard, but going very well until Carly started to get frustrated while nursing.  The next day started my work week and I pumped mere drops!  So, all I have to say is that maybe my body is the type that has to have the extra fat in order to produce milk...AND...it better just start falling off when I wean Carly.  So. Frustrating.  As soon as I started eating a normal consumption of calories again, it went right back up.  Interesting...

Carly has been waking up with some curls this on the right side of her head this week as her hair continues to grow each day!  I am thrilled about them and just had to do a quick photo shoot of her latest development. :)  The first photo is the look she gives me when I ask her to smile, and the next two are photos where I am actually making her laugh.  She's a born model. ;)




And...here's a video of her most recent findings in the house.  Needless to say all the doors are always shut these days.




No comments:

Post a Comment