Monday, September 23, 2013

"Go State"

In the last year, I have been blessed to have 4 of my bestest friends stop by our parts of the country for a visit.  Exactly a year ago, I got see miss Meg as her and her family were here for vacay.  In January, miss Nikki made her annual trip with her hubby, in July Carley flew down alone just to get some quality time with us and last weekend miss Annabelle (or has Carly referred to her, "Nanners") spent 20 hours on the road so she could get hugs and kisses from me and from the littlest Weiss lady.  Holy cow I've been spoiled and SUPER grateful!  I regret not taking getting out my camera while Carley was here, so I made an effort to do so while Anna visited.  20 hours on the road for a weekend...I felt so bad but hopefully she thought the 2 1/2 days we got together was worth it!

Anna arrived about 2am (only a few hours after I'd gotten off work) Friday evening to start a very busy weekend.  We were both rather tired when morning hit, but excited to get going.  We went for a jog, then showered and headed to the Winter Garden Village for some shopping and lunch.  We all laid down for a nap, then it was up with anticipation for the Iowa/Iowa State game Saturday evening.  We all wore our Cyclone gear, made some yummy food and cheered loudly for our Cyclones!  My Dad taught Carly to say, "Go State!" when he was here, and she probably says that at least once a day while pounding her fist in the air.  Oh the things we instill in our children...





Sunday morning we took another run and visited the pool before nap time.  As soon as Carly woke up, we were out the door and on our way to Magic Kingdom.  We let Carly wander around and chase the ducks before Brian arrived.  I think the real fun began when he set foot in the park.  The two of them rode Space Mountain, Splash Mountain & Thunder Mountain in an hour and half time.  That is certainly a new record for us!!  The park was empty and it was a lovely night!!

Waiting for Dada & Nanners to come down!

Carly's favorite attraction, "the horses"!

We let Carly stay up past her bedtime to watch her first ever Electrical Parade (actually I take that back...she saw it when the Voss' were in here January) and she enjoyed ooing and awing at the lights.  Brian took her home while Anna and I rode a few more attractions and watched Wishes, before also calling it quits.



Monday morning we were able to get to the outlet mall to do a bit of shopping, enjoyed a walk and a nice lunch before Anna had to get back in the car for her treacherous journey back up to North Carolina.  She will only be there for 3 more weeks, so it was certainly now or never!  Denver is her next stop and that's quite a bit further than 10 hours one way.

I'd say we had a fabulous weekend, and packed as much as we could in with a pregnant mama and her toddler.  Anna probably felt like we moved slower than snails but C and I were pretty proud of ourselves for accomplishing as much as we did. ;)  Thanks for visiting, Nanners!! We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment