Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"Whoa, We're Halfway There"

This past week has been the most relaxed week we've seen in a while.  I was tending to pack my non-work days with lots of errands topped with daily scheduled play dates.  I think I have this expectation that life needs to look a certain way for a toddler, and feel that if we aren't constantly on the go, it's been a fail of a day.  I don't really know where these expectations that I set for myself, my husband and my daughter come from, but it's an area I'm aware of and asking God's (an their) grace on.  As far as business goes, it's just really important to me for Carly to have the "best day ever" like everyday.  I love seeing her sweet smile and know that field trips are great learning experiences...and therefore probably plan too much.  So amidst the crazy on-the-go-ness and hanging with friends, accompanied by an array of house guests, we decided to have a laid back week.  And...it's been delightful!  There was one day Brian came home from work and I said..."Guess what!?  We haven't gotten in the car today!"  He looked around the house and said, "Wow...you're really productive when you are home all day!"  And isn't that the truth!  I clean, cook, organize, unpack, do chores and get plenty of play time in with my sweetie when we have nothing on the docket (well..I did that day anyway).  I've also realized that I need to work with her on her fine motor and memorization skills, so when we are home and inside more, we focus on our letters, numbers, colors & shapes.  Learning those things are important, too. :)

We also haven't had tons of family days over the past few months, so we took advantage of that this week (I started this blog a week ago...and here we are another family day!).  I dislike taking pictures when I'm pregnant, but I gave in to document our time together. I have grown exponentially the past three weeks and feel totally chubby. I was really trying to enjoy the way I look during pregnancy this time around, but that's just not possible.  It just goes to show that a healthy diet and exercise still don't prevent the access blood and water gain.  I'm just a thick pregnant lady and need to stop wishing I stayed skinny in my face, arms and legs with only a basketball in my tummy.  Just not how I carry!

So...we woke up and headed to Magic Kingdom for our family day!  We rode Buzz, Pooh, Carousel and met Tigger & Pooh before eating lunch at Be Our Guest.  Carly went nuts when she saw Tigger & Pooh...and her expressions while meeting them are just priceless!




Brian & Tigger having their own private convo ;)

We ran home for a nap and then it was back to Magic Kingdom, only because the Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade hadn't happened earlier in the day and that's Carly's favorite park-going experience.  When going to Magic Kingdom, it has become a tradition to park at the Polynesian resort, service ourselves a dish-it-yourself Dole Whip, then take the boat across the lake to the park.  I'm getting rather good at getting the most for my money on my ice cream, wouldn't you say?? ;)






We made it in the park just in time for some dance party fun.  Jessie is a close second to Minnie & Mickey, so we chose to dance with her.







And then we saw Chip around the corner...so we thought we'd give him some hugs as well.  I do appreciate how well these characters balance giving the little ones attention!

There's that glorious belly!


We had a marvelous time spending they day at Magic Kingdom.  This was the first time we had gone back to a park after nap!  Usually we go either in the morning or evening, but never both!  Miss C was very tired and over stimulated by the end of the day; but it was worth getting the variety of food, attractions and characters!



Me & my sweetie on the people mover


Today has been a laid back family day.  We laid around this morning before jumping in the car to head to Blizzard Beach.  We had a lovely time playing at Tikes Peak, watching Daddy go down Summit Plummet and spending time in the wave pool.  Our evening will be filled with errands and an easy taco night.  I wish we could all curl up on the couch and watch a movie while we dip apples in pumpkin dip, but it will be a few more years before our kiddos are ready for that! ;)

Oh, and by the way...the whole point of the title was to share that we are halfway through pregnancy!! But now it's more like over half way through being that I'm 22 weeks. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment