Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I'm The Man" {Luke 3 Months}

Luke has been such a perfect addition to our family.  I shed a tear to see his infancy go, but am continually excited to see the boy he will become.  He is so easy & adjusts right into whatever we may be doing.  The amount of tears he's had in the past month probably add up to the amount of tears Carly had in one day. ;)  Here are some things we've learned this month:
  • Although he just loves being held, he is working on being more content on his own!  He spends quite a bit of time in his bouncer while watching Carly dance around the room! In fact, when she disappears he almost instantly starts to whine!
  • He continues to get over stimulated easily but sure lights up when we smile at & talk to him
  • He LOVES to suck on his fingers
  • He eats so fast I wonder if he is even getting any milk.  Sometimes he downs his entire meal in 7-8 minutes!
  • He loves being outdoors & will happily sit in the stroller during a run
  • He takes his best naps in the carrier snuggled up close to mommy
  • Sweats like he just participated in a an athletic competition
  • Doesn't enjoy water of any kind and has the cutest little panic when the shower hits is tummy
  • That darn noise from the ice maker gets him every time
  • He is beginning to enjoy touching & playing with toys.  His favorite is a Lamaze butterfly that makes the crinkle noise & Carly is always putting the butterfly on him. :)
  • Luke's preferred method of settling/going to sleep is doing a nice bouncy lap around the house
  • Constantly kicks his feet in the air 
  • Beginning to really coo & participate in conversation
  • Can roll from tummy to back but doesn't do it everyday
  • When on his tummy, he can turn 180 degrees & often kicks himself forward
  • When he's not being my snuggle buddy he enjoys bouncing on my knee.  Always.
  • He still eats all. the. time.

Carly's sleep patterns drove me nuts.  When I had Luke I looked him in the eye & assured him that his sleep was not going to bother me.  I'm so glad I made that commitment and can honestly say getting up with him in the night or his one-sleep-cycle naps haven't frustrated me.  A mama with a new babe is constantly asked how the baby is sleeping and I will admit I enjoy participating in the over-dramatic plea of being up with him 4 times/night...but truth be told I don't really care.  It thrills me that we've come as far as we have and just the fact that he sleeps for the first 3 hours of his night in his own room delights me.  I get excited for him to join me in bed & even though I don't sleep as well with him in my arms I so cherish these precious precious nights.  I have time to sleep down the road but I bet you quiet night time snuggles will be gone sooner than I'd like them to.

When I was doing tons of baby sleep reading when Carly was a baby, I remember reading that if you truly wanted a good schedule that you needed to wake your baby at the same time each day.  Well, we've found that it certainly helps with a more predictable schedule but is still a bunch of poppy-cock.  Carly pretty consistently wakes at 7:30am, so that means the rest of us do to.  So...Luke does nap & eat at fairly some-what consistent times but that doesn't mean he has a good, predictable schedule like the books promised. ;)  He takes 5 naps/day & is now starting to go every 3 hours for food, but that is his absolute max!  This means he's still eating 3-4 times at night. 

I'm fairly certain he's a good 14 pounds & I just started putting him in his 6-month sleepers this week.  He is about 24 inches long & has many many rolls down those thighs!

Well, that's it!  He's a great baby & I couldn't ask him to be any sweeter! Here are his 3-month pics!  All three are pretty classic Luke faces. :) If you want to compare him to his sis, you can head over to her 3-month post.




No comments:

Post a Comment