Sunday, May 25, 2014

"Do You Wana Build A Snowman?" {Carly 2 1/4 Years}

Carly's first year of life I wrote about her each month, then decided to spread out her second year of life every other month.  I was going to attempt to make it to 2 1/2 to write about her during her third year of life but I just can't! She's too cute and says too many hilarious things for me not to note.  So, I guess this year I'll write about her ever 3 months.  Here is Carly at 2 1/4 old:

Carly continues to be the most expressive little girl I've ever met and entertains those around her with dramatic facial expressions and high pitched exclamations!  She gets very very happy and quite overwhelmed.  She wears her emotions on her sleeves and has a wide range of them. Brian and I enjoy her so much and she is so attached to her parents.  She prefers her Daddy do most things for her; changing her diaper, putting her to bed, feeding her, etc...but would rather be carried around by me.  I think my body is just so soft these days I am like a big fluffy pillow. ;)

These are some of our favorite words we hear regularly:

Shopper: Lotion
Backus: Necklace/Bracelet
Boobes: Straberries, blueberries
Bubbers: Bubbles, brother
Boohick: Chapstick
Hungung: Triangle
Hangy: Finger
Amel: Animal
Oo Oo Ah Ah Ah: Monkey
Chrrrr: Chair
Downstrrrs: Downstairs

A few phrases we enjoy hearing:
"I'm really, really hung-y for water."
"Stay...be right back"
"More Yet it Go!" (let it go)
"Carly do it"
"Time for keck up" (time for your check up)
"More candy"
"Daddy's daughter"
"I yove-oo so much"
"Carly hung-y"
"Mee-cock-moo-cock mickey mouse" (the intro to MM Clubhouse)

I wish I could record all the phrases we hear...I keep note of them throughout the day & then when I sit down to write I can't seem to think of any.  

Carly talks all the time & we can't get enough of her stories.  When she gets going she's a bit hard to understand but still so fun to listen to.  She is good at recalling her day and although leaves out a few details Brian can typically figure out what we've spent our time doing that day.

She loves to play games (hide & seek, ring around the rosie, hokey pokey), she loves to dance, loves to play with water, golf balls and Mickey & Minnie, along with all the other pals in her bed.  She spends extra time before & after sleep time having all sorts of conversations & experiences with her stuffed animals.

I love Carly's independence.  She wants me to open the door to the car but she has to be the one to climb in to her car seat.  I generally open her door, put Luke in on the other side, start the car to get the air running & head back to her side to buckle a little girl in whose sitting perfectly in her seat.  She initiates holding my hand when we are in a parking lot or crossing the street & generally lets me know by saying, "Oke, Mama" when she's doing something wrong.  She still takes a beautifully long nap in the afternoons and sleeps fairly well at night, although for the past month she has called for us at least once a night.  We even had our first experience of waking up in the middle of the night to a little human staring us in the face last week! Creepy.  Side note--I remember doing that to my dad all the time.  "Dad...are you awake??" ;-)

I probably wouldn't be giving an accurate description of how she spends her time if I didn't mention her love for TV.  I get rather annoyed of it, personally, but it may very well be Brian's favorite pass-time.  She requests to "Watch Mickey Minnie" multiple times a day!  We try to limit her to 2 shows/day.  Some days she gets lucky and sneaks in a third.

Another detail I cannot leave out is her obsession with Frozen, or as she refers to it, "Yet it Go!"  Her favorite song is "Do You Wana Build a Snowman" and sings that all. the. time.  She loves to listen to the music and has seen the movie from start to finish probably 5 times since we introduced it to her 2 months ago.  I love love to hear her singing at the top of her lungs when we are driving around.  Just love it!  Here's a sneak peek at what happened in the doctor's office for Luke's 4-month check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment