Friday, June 22, 2012

"I Want Candy!"

Carly had her first taste of candy this week!  Just kidding...it was merely cherry flavored Tylenol at the doctor's office.  And might I say she really didn't want it at all...she spit it all out and it got all over her pretty pink dress and somehow even up her nose!  We thought she might need it as badly as she felt after her last set of shots, but we were mistaken.  She did great!  She had another three shots and certainly was frightened by the pain but I was able to catch her eye and told her it was going to be okay.  She barely even cried! Yay!

Carly is steadily growing in the 20th percentile compared to her fellow baby girl peers.  She weighed in at 12.5 pounds and measured 24 inches long (I still think she is 25, ha).  I don't remember what the circumference of her head was, but it matched up with her 20th percentile little body.  I do want to note that she is just the perfect size!! She is substantial and sturdy, but yet still so tiny.  I don't get tired of carrying her around and she doesn't get tired of me carrying her!  I am thankful she has stayed so little...the longer she stays little the more I get to enjoy it!

Carly has acted fairly normal since her shots, for which we are thankful.  She did sleep a bit more that day (that was fun!), but is back to her normal self.  Her legs look way worse than last time, though.  Her thighs are swollen and the red marks are the size of a quarter on each leg, but she seems to be un-phased.

One thing I thought was humorous was that we asked the doctor if it was a concern that Carly was only taking 30 minute naps.  He said it's certainly not normal but that she is probably just showing us what type of person she is going to be.  He said that she might be the type of girl who only needs power naps to re-charge her batteries and might be that way forever.  What is funny is that Carly's grandma (Brian's mom) is just like that!  So I guess we know who she gets that from. I really hope for the sake of my sanity over the next 3 years that she chooses to take longer naps!  Otherwise I guess I know who to blame... ;)

My parents sadly left on Wednesday morning at the crack of dawn so Brian graciously volunteered to take them to the airport.  I didn't even hear him crawl back into bed (and that's saying something for this light sleeper).  After Carly's doc appointment, we came home and laid on the couch most of the day.  Because Carly was taking hour long naps, we actually got to watch a movie!  Oh my goodness I can't tell you how amazing that was!  We chose Jurassic Park and loved it.  Did you know that movie came out in 1993?  I remember going to the theater to see it with my dad...nearly 20 years ago at this point.  Makes me feel old!

I don't have much to report other than Carly's stats.  The past two nights she has only slept a 6 hour stretch.  Her nights keep getting shorter and shorter.  I am going to try to fill her up to the brim with milk tonight to see if that helps.  Actually, let me just recap how many hours of sleep she has slept in one stretch throughout her life so I can compare to future babes.

4 weeks: 7 hours
5 weeks: 8 hours (I know...I was super lucky)
6 weeks: 9 hours
7 weeks: 9 hours
8 weeks: 8 hours
9 weeks: 8 hours
10 weeks: 10 hours
11 weeks: 10 hours
12 weeks: 10 hours
13 weeks-17 weeks: 7.5-8 hours
18 weeks: 6 hours

Doesn't add up if you ask me!  I know we have been super super blessed with her long nights...but if you count that up that's 12 weeks of sleeping 8+ hours.  So going back to less makes for one very tired mama!


Thanks for checking in!  I enjoy writing about what's going on in our lives and enjoy being able to keep friends and family who are far away from us in the loop.  We have a pretty laid back month ahead of us (well...we think) and then Brian's brother, our sister-in-law and our niece arrive.  We'll have fun showing them around Disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment