Monday, June 18, 2012

"My Girl" {4 Months}

Carly is 4 months old today!  Time is flying by...as I knew it would.  It really started going fast after I went back to work.  3 days of work, 1 day with my hubby and 3 days home with my girl.  Round and round it goes!

What's new with Carly as she heads into her 4th month of life?  Well...new this week are a few things.  The one that sticks out the most is her need to grunt!  She can be very aggressive with her speaking and it is absolutely hilarious.  I will share this video with you only if you promise to pretend you can't see me in it. ;)




Carly has officially found her hands and will take a good look at them for about 10 seconds then once she figures out what they are will move onto bigger and better things.  Sometimes she will even find her arm and follow the line of her arm all the way to the tips of her fingers.  I am excited for her that she is really beginning to make the connection that her hands belong to her and she can do wonderful things with them!  She has certainly improved upon her grabbing skills this week and continues to let out a few giggles! 

She is on a fairly consistent 2.5 hour schedule.  She wakes up between 6-6:30am and crawls into bed with me until about 9-9:30am.  She naps at 11:30am, 2pm, 4:30pm, 7:15pm & then goes to bed between 10-10:30pm.  She eats following her mere 30 minutes naps at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 2:30pm, 5pm, 7:45pm & at bedtime.  We stick to this very well on Sundays, Mondays & Tuesdays when I am at work but we are pretty laid back about it when I'm home all the time.  Somehow we always manage to get her to bed between 10-10:30pm (minus usually one hiccup each week) and she always wakes 7.5-8 hours later.  Yes, her sleep time continues to get shorter rather than longer.  I am hoping it doesn't continue to get shorter and eventually stretches out again.  We also started sleeping her on her tummy at nights about two weeks ago.  She seems to love it and moves all over her crib in the nights.

I've been doing some reading about when to start her on food (recommended age is 4-6 months) but we have decided to wait until at least 6 months (we can always change our mind if we want).  She is far from ready being that she is still trying to connect her mind to her hands.  She is uninterested in our food and isn't to 15 pounds yet, both of which need to happen before she would be successful at digesting solids.  Plus her milk keeps her plenty full.  We could potentially put rice cereal in her bedtime bottle to keep her full longer, but we aren't ready to do that either.  We have tried to increase the amount of ounces she gets at night, but it seems to just give her gas.  I'm sure in the next few weeks she will transition from 4 ounce bottles to 4.5 ounce bottles.  Since she is still eating 7 times per day the amount she gets per feeding is quite less compared to most babies who are only eating 6 times per day. :)

Tummy time is going well.  She actually doesn't enjoy being on her tummy because it limits her view of the world, but we need to keep giving her practice.  She is great at pushing herself up but hasn't been rolling over as much.  We encourage her but she just doesn't like being on her tummy so she gets too upset before she is willing to focus on rolling.  She'll get there...we obviously know she is capable!


Carly's hair has grown enough to put little clips in it and boy do I take advantage of that!  She has never really enjoyed the headband thing, but doesn't mind the clips.  She has a million cute little outfits and dressing her in the mornings is so much fun!  I want to do a photo shoot of her everyday she is just so cute. ;)  My friend Christi gave me a small lesson on how to use my camera the other day, so hopefully I will practice and my photos will improve in quality.  But, until then they will just be the quality that comes out when I press the button!  Here are her 4 month shots in her toy box: 





This outfit was bought for her cousin, Cora, by her Grandma & Great Grandma and her bow was made by her cousin, Kayla.  Super cute little ensemble!

You can always find Carly with her tongue out or her hand in her mouth.  She will suck on anything you put near her mouth, including the ice cube I gave her the other day (don't worry, I held onto it).  She is a happy little girl who sometimes can be a little moody.  She requires entertainment almost the entire day and wants very little time to herself.  Her favorite thing to do is walk around Disney parks.  She is the ultimate people watcher like her daddy and such a social bug like her mommy!  She is a certainly a spunky little thing and is not lacking in personality! 

Love you, our pretty little 4 month old girl!  

No comments:

Post a Comment