Saturday, June 16, 2012

"We're Goin' to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo"

We have all been having a lovely time with Carly's other set of grandparents here this week (my parents).  The arrived late late on Tuesday evening and we hit the ground running on Wednesday.  We went to EPCOT in the morning then rode the boat off to Hollywood Studios. I was very impressed that my dad was able to put Carly to sleep while we were riding! 



We met up with Brian, headed to Bible Study, then came home and had dinner while watching the second game of the NBA finals.

Thursday we had a relaxing day at home.  We went for multiple walks and watched a big storm pass over us.  We all went to Sonny's BBQ that night and for the first time ever I didn't have to feed or put Carly down for a nap while we were out to eat.  She enjoyed people watching, as per usual. 

Friday was off to the parks again, this time to Animal Kingdom.  And, lo and behold, Brian & I realized it was Carly's first time at DAK!  She doesn't really know what animals are at this point in her learning journey, so she got a bit fussy on the safari.  That's ok, though, it was time for her to have dinner anyway. :)  Here is Carly & Nana right by the Hippos (although you can't see any of the 5,000 pound creatures in the background). 


We actually were able to accomplish a lot in only 2 hours at DAK before our dinner reservation at the Tusker House.  We met Minnie Mouse, saw The Lion King show, went to A Bug's Life 3D show (which Carly loved...it was just a giant TV for her and she loves the bright lights the TV makes) and got on the Safari!  It was a fabulous Safari...probably the best I've ever been on.  All the animals were getting ready to head in for the night so they were on the road walking to the different fences throughout the savannah.  We saw 9 giraffes (so close you could practically pet them), 4 white rhino, elephants, cheetahs, and the Lion was actually up and walking around!  After the Safari we had an African themed buffet at the above mentioned restaurant and left absolutely stuffed!  My parents love eating on Disney property, so we try to eat a nice dinner once each time they are here.  Sure works out well for Brian & I!  Another reason we love having our parents in town...they always seems to pay for meals (thanks for spoiling us, you four!)!  Plus, being that we went to Africa in 2004 (South Africa, Swaziland & Mozambique), it was a trip down memory lane when it came to the flavors of the food.  In case anyone cares, it's pretty authentic there! 

So... I know this picture didn't turn out real well, but it here is Carly posing for her first visit to DAK:


Today has been another laid back day, just watching some TV and taking walks outside.  I don't know if my mom will cook dinner tonight or if we will get a pizza.  Either way it will be pretty chill. Maybe this afternoon we will venture over to Celebration to walk along the lake and grab a coffee.

Tomorrow I start another week of work.  I really miss Carly when I'm there...and dread the tiredness that will soon be running through my veins.  Somehow I get through it each week, though.  I'm thankful I am such a night owl!  At work I'm really fine, it's just the next morning when my daughter wakes me up that I essentially feel sick to my stomach.  Ha.  Glad we have built-in babysitters again this week!  They don't leave until Wednesday morning, so that means Brian gets to golf on Tuesday rather than caring for Carly.  Happy first Father's Day to him! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment