Friday, June 8, 2012

"Over the River & Through the Woods"

This past week Carly got to spend some quality time with Grandpa & Grandma (Brian's parents).  We didn't go to their house but they traveled across the country to come to ours!  Carly loved the undivided attention, the new toys that they brought for her to play with and the coos and smiles she received all weekend long!   We had a fairly uneventful long weekend and I think that's just what they were hoping for!  Friday evening when they arrived we were all together, but then we weren't all together again until Tuesday.  Brian and I both worked Saturday, Sunday & Monday...opposite shifts as usual.  So Grandma & Grandpa got some time to spoil her while her parents were away. :)  I believe quite a few photo shoots took place throughout the weekend:





It's fun to watch someone else love my daughter so much.  I know that her four grandparents love her the most next to Brian & I, and for some reason that seems really precious to me.  They would do anything for her and they share in our joy as we watch her grown and develop.  I'm sure she will always look forward to seeing her grandparents as much as I always did growing up.

Carly hit some big milestones while they were here, which was fun for all of us!  She began grabbing at the things around her...an incredible awareness that's developing!  She got this great new toy to go along with her spider (it's a bee that flies onto a flower) and she can't get enough of the vibrating the bee does as it flies.  her grasp is so tight that she can hold the flower while I hold the been and I can pull it from her and let it go so it will vibrate in her hand.  It pretty much rocks her world.  She also let out some giggles that they were able to witness!  She doesn't do it very often yet, but when she does it rocks my world. :)

Tuesday was our only day together and we made the most of it!  We had a fairly chill morning, with Brian cooking his flank steak, sweet potato mashed potatoes (my new favorite food) and green beans.  He is quite the griller!  It stormed most of the morning but he endured through!  After lunch we took an adventure to Saratoga Springs, the resort that Aaron, Kelly & Cora (Carly's uncle, aunt & cousin on Brian's side) will be staying at when they come to visit next month.  It got Carly really excited for her cousin to come play with her!  After our walk we ate at Red Lobster (I hadn't eaten there since 2009 and it was way delicious) and then came home and Grandma & Grandpa soaked up their play time with our sweet girly.  I love this picture I snagged of them...Carly was so happy!


We had a really nice time together!  I hope they can come back in August before Rhonda starts school...but if not we know they will see her in September when we are home for Marc & Chelsea's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment