Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Deck the Halls"

Each time I sing this song, I think of our days in Madrigal, when our choir teacher would yell, "It's deck the HALL" each time we would add an "s."  I guess it interrupted the flow of the song.  Anyway...most of the world sings it with "Halls" as a plural word, so I will follow suite.

The Christmas tree is UP!  It was so fun putting it up with Carly crawling around it, picking ornaments off, feeling the tree and being mezmorized by the lights.  We put ornaments she could play with at the bottom and each day she takes them all off!  It's her first Christmas and it will surely be a delightful one!  I remember thinking last year when I was uncomfortable, ugly and very pregnant that I just couldn't imagine what life was going to look like one year later.  Let me tell you...life looks amazing.

Carly and I had the Josh Groban Christmas CD playing and little smokies cooking on the stove top when Brian arrived home from work.  We had plugged in a scented air freshener and Christmas spirit was all around us.  We put up the tree, strung the lights, ate dinner and then hung the ornaments.  It was really fun and I know it's only going to get more exciting these next few years.  What a blessing children are always, but especially during the holidays. 

Here is our little miss crawling around in the lights:


Of course she looked so precious I had to put her in her Christmas dress and pose her for a photo shoot.  Unfortunately my skills are not refined enough on my camera to take a cool picture with bright lights while also being able to see her face.  I need to google a tutorial on that particular skill.  Oh well, here is my best effort.




And some pictures of her, looking sweet as always:




She looks like a total Stubbs in this picture
As you can see, there are no little pearly's poking through those gums yet.  I wonder if this girl will ever get teeth!?

At some point we will get a shot of all of us under the tree, but here is miss Carly showing off her work!


I am also on the hunt to find the same stockings I got for Brian and I 3-4 years ago.  Why didn't I buy six or seven of them just to cover my basis?  So for now this pretty white stocking is a stand in for C.


MERRY CHIRSTMAS!!!  Wish we could see you all for the holidays!  It's not too late to hop on a plane and come see us. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment