Tuesday, November 6, 2012

"The Flag Still Stands for Freedom"

It's Election Day! I keep telling Carly she is witnessing history in the making, but she doesn't seem too enthused.  She does like to look at that TV, though!  It's not usually on during the day, but I figured I keep it on today just because it's fun to see all the commotion!  Anyway, I woke up this morning being grateful that I was born in America.  If you've been to a third world country and experienced orphan after orphan begging you to take them to the United States, then you understand the extent of gratefulness I speak of.  Obviously, I want Mitt Romney to win tonight, but even if he doesn't, I can be fairly confident that our freedom and prosperity (I know it's rough in the United States, but it doesn't compare most of the 20 countries I've visited) will remain intact no matter what president we have in office. I'm incredibly thankful for that.

Anyway, our little girl is on the move!  I am just delighting in watching her gallivant around the house.  I still can't believe she's crawling.  Completely on track developmentally, but it still amazes me.  So, I thought I would share a few videos with you!  The first one is a short video I took this morning of her crawling from her bedroom to the living room.  If she is wearing shorts, she prefers crawling on the tile, and if she has pants on, its easier to crawl on the rugs.  She is so stinking precious! :)


And...if the election doesn't go your way this evening, then hopefully this will put a smile on your face.  These were taken one following the next (I can only upload a video if its 50 seconds or less from my iPod, otherwise they would be one long video)...she was playing along the bar stools while I was watching the ISU game on Saturday and I cheered at one point for them and she started "fake" laughing.  It's pretty hilarious...but that's the context if you're wondering why I shout, "Go Cyclones."  We really can't figure out if this is just how she laughs or if she's pretending.  Anyway, enjoy!


 I also wanted to share a photo I snapped of Carly and Brian.  Remember this precious photo I posted of me and Carly when she was 4 months old?


Well...now her and Brian have an almost identical photo 4 months later!  We'll have to frame them side by side. :)


Happy Election Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment