Monday, November 12, 2012

"Happy Birthday to You"

Happy Birthday to Brian!  He is now a quarter of a century old.  I came home from work late on Saturday night to the birthday boy sleeping on the couch and when he woke up the first thing he said was ,"I feel old!"  Haha...we're really very young, I wonder how he'll react when he's not in his twenties anymore...

We've had a nice time celebrating Brian this week...in fact, I'd say we've spolied him rotten!  Because we knew we wouldn't see each other on his birthday, the celebrating began last Wednesday (I love birthdays!).  Carly and I decided to surprise daddy with a family golfing trip!  It was quite windy out, but overall a lovely day.  We all hopped in the golf cart and cheered daddy on for...wait for it...18 HOLES!  That's right, Carly and I stuck it out for his entire round.  Combine golf and Brian's two favorite girls, and he is pretty much in paradise.  I think the smile on his face says it all!




Carly also enjoyed the soft green grass of the putting greens.  Nearly each hole she would crawl to the hole and wait for Brian to putt the ball to her.  It was pretty sweet.





After golf, we met up with some friends at EPCOT to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival before it ended.  It was a lot of fun!  Our favorite country is Canada, but we also really enjoyed Japan this year.  The Belgium waffle is always a must-get, and the ravioli in Italy is pretty tasty, too.  I think Brian really enjoyed his Polish Sausage as well.  I even stopped in Germany for a bag of Werther's Caramel Popcorn (not part of the festival, but absolutely delicious!).  We didn't make it past Germany because it got too late and we had to get Carly home for bed. We keep meeting other people with babies under a year...so we had three babies in the group!  It's pretty fun. :)


Brian was also spoiled this week because I encouraged him to eat out every night that I was at work (I put no budget on him, but we have mutually agreed that we only eat out once or twice a month).  He chose to have Chinese (twice), Subway and a pizza (I guess that makes 4 times...plus F&W is 5...sheesh!).  I don't eat any of those things with any regularity (I've disliked Subway since I was 14...I have to be in the right mood to eat it...Chinese is more sodium than one needs to consume in a week, and pizza is delicious but highly caloric) so it's a treat for him to get to eat like "crap." 

Last night after Brian got off work, we concluded his birthday celebration by going to Magic Kingdom to see the lights on the castle.  So. Beautiful. 


Carly also enjoyed the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It" parade!  I couldn't believe how THRILLED she was to be dancing with Donald Duck.  These photos are priceless!  She doesn't even know who he is yet...but he was certainly giving her all the attention because she was waving her arms and legs and just shrieking with excitement!




We also got a super cute picture of us in our matching outfits. :)



Well that concludes this year's birthday celebration for Brian.  Happy 25th! 

No comments:

Post a Comment