Sunday, July 21, 2013

"She Was Born To Fly" {16 Months}

I'm going to make this short and sweet, being that Carly is actually past the 17 month mark, but I did want to highlight a the hilarious photo shoot we attempted and also a few things that we most delighted in about having a 16 month old toddler.

I re-read my post about her being 14 months old and had to laugh thinking how much both of us have changed the past 2-3 months.  I think 14 months was the perfect age...as I wrote about her I was completely enamored with her.  Now days I'm much a bit overwhelmed and often confused by her.  She's a joy and I do love her, but she keeps us on our toes!  She learned to run right at 16 months and that alone keeps us busy when we are in public.  We're still fairly attached and she chooses me over anyone else the majority of the time, but she is MUCH more independent than she was the last time I wrote about her.  Well..here it goes...just a few highlights...

  • Carly prefers singing over reading most of the time and loves to dance when she hears music
  • She's a girlie-girl and enjoys wearing bows, pretty dresses, and trying on my jewelry.  She will get herself all dressed up, put her hand to her face as if she's showing off a fresh manicure and say, "Hi."  I also taught her how to pose for pictures...and she'll wrap her arms around herself and smile.
  • Outside is still her favorite territory and we visit frequently (she brings us her shoes a million times/day)...although she realizes it's hot and will request to go inside once she reaches her sweat capacity.
  • She never ever sits still, ever.
  • She LOVES to eat...but has grown very partial to fruit, eggs, cold cut meat and cheese, leaving most other things behind but is willing to try whatever is set down on her tray
  • Has no interest in TV unless there is some hip hop music involved (she hasn't been real exposed to kids TV, anyway, but when we do turn it on she walks right by)
  • Can say new words almost everyday but says "Hi, Mama, Dada, Banana, Go, and Yes" the most
  • Up to 16 months she continued to take 2 naps/day and sleep 10.5 hours at night...napped from 10-11ish and 4-5ish with a bedtime of 8:30pm.  Her schedule was sabotaged by moving and vacation amongst other things...so a month later we are still working on being scheduled and predictable.
  • And what she did most from 14-16 months...spent time in the WATER!  She's in love, that's all there is too it!
If I write too much more...I will begin to focus on what she does and enjoys now vs what she enjoyed right at 16 months, so I will leave it at that.  I'm sure her 18-month entry will be rather comprehensive.  I really will someday enjoy looking back on these entries, probably sooner than later as I prepare for another infant.  I'm sure I'll need reminders about what is to be expected/how to be flexible in each stage.  Here is the funniest chain of pictures we've had so far...she was practicing her stubbornness and did NOT want to cooperate with me. I kept saying, "Just sit up, please...." and she would purposely fall to one side or the other!  HA!







Fav!




 And we did get two that I suppose will count as being acceptable...



You just gotta love her.  She's full of personality, enjoys life and exudes happiness so much of the time.  She's a smart girl whose becoming more and more intuitive.  We're a happy trio and continually learning how to have balance in life alongside one another. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment