Sunday, September 28, 2014

Project 365: {Days 251-257}

Day 251: Our first vacation since returning from maternity leave back in March!  It was unplanned time off and certainly a treat.  I worked 45-hours in 4 days to accommodate taking a week off but it was totally worth it! Our first morning I woke up to Luke crying & Brian wasn't in bed so I waited a minute for him to retrieve him.  After a few minutes I got up and Brian & Carly were no where to be found...which is quite strange for those two to disappear!  Well...I found them like this:


Brian spent his first day of vacation golfing with a friend who was visiting from Iowa.  After their round we took them (Mark & Chelsey) to Magic Kingdom for the evening.


Day 252: Up and at DHS to begin the day! We saw the Frozen parade (which Carly LOVED), went to Beauty & the Beast, shared some ice cream and left the kiddos with the Bradshaw's for approximately 12 minutes so Brian and I could ride Rockin Rollercoaster.  I have been pregnant or with a babe in a carrier for so long I cant remember the last time I rode my favorite ride.  Unfortunately it wasn't very fun due to the current neck/head issue I have going on...but whatever.  The rest of the evening was spent cleaning and packing!  I took these sweet photos of the kiddos at Hollywood Studios.  I love brick walls!





Day 253:  Had breakfast and a cup o coffee before loading our 3 checked bags, 2 roller boards, 2 backpacks, 2 small children and a car seat up for...5 days in Iowa.  The trip through Atlanta went super smooth...even the running through the airport with all in tow trying to catch our second flight in 30 minutes!  Carly had the whole plane laughing as we descended into the Des Moines airport.  "IOWA! There's IOWA, guys!! Bapa, Nana, Gpa, Gma, Mimi.....they all live there!!"  Bapa picked us up and we were treated to dinner at Mimi's house that evening.  We visited with my aunt, uncle & cousin and then got the kiddos in their jammies so they could snooze on the trip to Ames.  We learned that Luke is not a good sleeper in foreign places...we were up 7 times with him that first night.



Day 254:  Thursday I headed to Clive to see my dear friend Lindsay and her kiddos; Julia Mae being only one month old!  We've had 5 children in the 4 years we've been away and it's been a blessing to meet each of them within their first two months of life.  Lindsay and I could chat all day....and now our kids could play all day!  I dream of living closer to them!







We drove back to Ames where we were able to meet Cooper Christopher!  He is one of the most handsome babes I've ever seen and I was delighted to snuggle him and visit with his parents. Brian & Chris have been best buds for years and Nikki is one of the easiest people to be friends with.  I also dream of spending weekends in Cedar Rapids with them.






Brian and the kids took off with his Mom to meet some friends so I decided to head to Carley's house to meet Beckett Henry! That's right...I wanted to meet three new babes while in Iowa and I accomplished it all in the first day!  Beckett and Luke are only 10 weeks a part and I am sure will be good buds one day.  Can you guess what I'm going to say next?  Yes...I daydream of being able to raise my son alongside Carley.

That night we ordered Great Plains. Check!

Day 255: Friday morning we hung out with Brian's dad before I met my dad at US Cellular to get a brand new....flip phone...while Brian & his dad golfed in the 45 degree...rain.  My Grandma met us at El Azteca for lunch where Luke was introduced to both refried beans and rice.  Check!

Lydia visited with me in the afternoon; a dear friend from high school I haven't seen for over two years!  I think I can officially say our friendship is one that can go years without much time spent together and just pick up where we left off. She is a special lady and just became a Vet!

Hickory Park was on the docket for dinner that night (Check!) and we spent time with Brian's cousin, Lisa, while touring her new home.


Day 256: Game Day!  GO STATE! BEAT IOWA! That's right...we did!  Nathan, Angel & Jackson came to Ames and spent the day with us!  Angel looks like a beaming mother-to-be and we are anxiously awaiting the call that he has made his debut into the world!



That morning I was also able to spend some time with Carley & Beckett and we introduced the boys.


Brian's extended family stopped in throughout the day and it's always so wonderful to connect with each of them.  We feel so loved when we visit.  After the very exciting game and after stuffing our faces with delicious food all day long, Jayne (another dear friend from my childhood who I haven't seen in a while) joined the party. I think her and I chatted until 11pm that night...which is rather late for a mama & papa who are getting up with their babe every hour in the night. ;)

Day 257: We attended church with Brian's folks then parted ways so I could spend time with my sister who had made the trek from the twin cities to spend Sunday with us.  Had I known the final service at E. Free would be one week later I would have gone to church...but at the moment we deemed it more important to spend time with Tiff.  We met my Dad, Mom & Grammy at Jeff's Pizza (Check!) who had just returned to the states from a European Cruise!  We spent the day laying low and enjoying one another's company.





What a great vacation!  We had one day left before traveling back home....but of course that day will be highlighted on next week's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment