Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Pour Some Sugar on Me" {Luke 9 Months}


Last month I was a bit tough on my little one…so this month’s post will only list the sweetness that is my baby boy.  I was asked to describe him using only a few words this week and the first word that came to mind was: Charmer.  Luke is such a charmer.  Of course I am bias about looks and think he is a dashing young fellow (although I am the first to admit I feel bad that I passed down my eyes and the massive cowlick…two things that annoy me about my features) but anyone who meets him can see he is a total charmer.  Between the grin, the flirtatious eyes and his sweet cheeks…he tugs on those heart strings. 

My favorite part of his charming personality, though, is his sense of humor.  I never knew a baby could be so funny and laugh at such outrageous things.  It’s like he understands sarcasm.   I suppose it’s no surprise considering his mother is like 49% sarcastic…I guess he understands what he’s been taught. Haha—I’m totally kidding.  The best example I can give is how he does something he knows he is not suppose to do just so he can see me or Carly get worked up about it (let’s face it…Brian doesn’t get worked up…so Brian does not get messed with like the females in the house).  He doesn’t really enjoy biting me…but he does it all the time because he thinks my reaction is hysterical.  He doesn’t really care about tearing off the leaves of my plants…but finds it hilarious when I have to pick him up and move him across the room.  He could take or leave getting our hair caught between his fingers but he can’t stop laughing when we cry out in pain because he is pulling it.  I’m telling you…this kid is up to some trouble…but then he tilts his head to the right, looks up into the corner of his eyes and flashes the half grin and I melt into a pile of nothingness.  Charmer.

Here are some other facts about our sweet boy:
  • Enjoys a nice mouthful of dirt
  • Loves anything with wheels
  • His favorite activity is eating.  When Carly was a wreck it was because she needed sleep and when Luke is a wreck it’s because he needs to feed his bottomless pit of a stomach.
  • Smiles at anyone who smiles at him
  • Very verbal…every week when I pick him up from the church nursery the report is that he is spent the whole hour talking.  
  • He can say "Dada" and "Hi" but only on very special occasions
  •  Enjoys wrestling with his sister…most of the time
  •  Loves to be whispered to 
  •   He’s a grunt-er
  • Loves anything with lights
  • Hates having his diaper changed
  • Will always join in when we are singing
  • Being outdoors and playing in water are still a win for Luke
  • Usually content in his stroller & car seat (we graduated him to a toddler car seat and he adores it)
  • He is SO excited when Brian or I get home from work.  So excited. :)
  • He wants whatever Carly is playing with 
  • Will sit still through a few books…especially if there is something to touch
  • Loves puzzles…I mean sucking on puzzle pieces ;)
  • Doesn’t care much for TV unless the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song is on or the Hot Dog Dance.  That’s about it for TV watching.
  • Loves his ability to quickly crawl and pull up on anything, anywhere.
  • Enjoys turning Brian's xbox on and off a thousand times in a row
  • Can stand unsupported for a few seconds before dropping to his booty and scooting away
  • He enjoys being with friends.  His mood is so much brighter when we have a play date where there is a babe from him to play with. It’s truly fascinating how social human beings are even at such a young age.  He really loves people.  Really a lot.
  • And the best part...he is up for a snuggle at any moment...24 hours a day, 7 days a week. :) :)
He popped his first tooth at 9 months and 3 days...and I will report on sleep next month.  Nothing really changed from 8-9 months except I just became more frustrated.  He is transitioning between taking 3 naps/day and 2 naps/day.  He still nurses 4 times during the day and one time in the night.  He eats 3 solid meals and at least two snacks on top of all the milk he is still drinking.

Luke is only 21 pounds and 29 1/2 inches long.  I suspected he would be bigger because he just seems so huge to me...but really he is pretty average for a boy.  Doc says he checks out pretty good minus one minute detail about the re-growth of certain skin in a certain place which she calmly stated that in order to prevent a future surgery she was going to rip it off...to which she sent my child into hysteria.  I gasped as she kept tugging, thankful my husband wasn't there to cringe, and she warned me that I better keep tugging the next few weeks.  Yikes!

Here are Luke's sweet 9 Month pics!  Love this boy and all the sweetness that comes along with him!




No comments:

Post a Comment