Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"How Deep The Father's Love For Us"

1 John 3:1-2:  See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

I am thankful for a Heavenly Father, an Earthly Father, a Father-in-law, a Grandfather I miss dearly & the Father of my children who I love more than any other person on the face of the Earth.  I married a man quite similar to my own father and have been blessed by their unconditional love, loyalty, encouragement, direction & honesty.

I interviewed Carly to see if I could capture her thoughts on her daddy.  She refused to have focused answers, but they are sweet & funny nonetheless.   I have 3 really cute clips of the below questions but I can't get it to upload so I'll have to put them on Facebook or something...

Who does Daddy love? Mommy
Who is Daddy's daughter? Mommy
What does daddy like to watch on TV? Mickey Mouse
What does daddy do at work? Eat Pizza
What is daddy's favorite food? Pizza
What do you like to do with daddy in your chair? Read Books
What does daddy do when he gets home from work? Watch Mickey Mouse
Whose turn is it to put you to bed? Daddy's turn (she always yells that at the top of her lungs so I asked that question hoping I would get the typical answer but she was too shy to do so)

Our Father's Day gift to Daddy was to tag along on a round of golf, which is exactly what we did. Luke was perfect as per usual & Carly did really really well through about 10 holes.  We all enjoyed riding in the cart and pulling the pin once we reached the putting green.  Brian was really grateful and is hoping that particular gift will make an appearance again. ;)


Brian, thank you for loving and leading us.  When I look at you I see strength, confidence, humility, kindness & generosity.  I also see someone who wrestles with sin, admits failure and accepts his weaknesses only pointing us to the fact that without Christ as the center of our home we cannot have a clear life perspective.  Our children adore you & it makes my heart so happy to see you be so successful when you are flying solo!  I knew long ago our life would be good but I could have never written the story that's developed.  Happy 4th Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment