Monday, June 23, 2014

Project 365: {Days 160-166}

Day 160: I was braiding my hair & Carly said, "Braid my hair!" so of course I leaped at that opportunity!!  She loved it and asked to go to the Mickey Park to show Mickey.

Day 161: Carly has recently developed a new comfort-ability with Luke...which means she has the confidence to roll him over, hug him, pick him up (she doesn't succeed), and even tickle him with her feet like I tickle her.  He likes all touch from Carly.  Seriously.  She can accidentally smack him & he has absolutely no problem with it.

Day 162: Luke & Anya having a nap date at the pool

Day 163: Carly is swimming SO well! She has gained all confidence and more back from last summer and scared an entire group of people when she ran from me, stood at the edge of the pool and shouted, "Ook Mommy!!" and proceeded to canon ball into the pool.  She had her floaties on and can swim no problem with them so of course I wasn't scared but it was pretty funny the gasps I heard!  Each pool day we spend 15 minutes swimming without the floaties and the rest of the time she gets to choose whether they are on or off.  She really can swim laps from one end of the pool to the other when they are on.  Pretty fun!

Day 164: Carly loves this game she created of setting the camera on a timer, pressing the button and running to the other side to say "CHEESE!"...followed by viewing the photos to see if she liked them.  This photo a day thing has really taught my kids how to look at a camera and smile...lol.  At any rate...this photo is a product of playing that game.

Day 165:  I love this picture for many reasons, but I have to notate the story of picking these "flowers."  It was a Saturday morning that I was closing...so those mornings we generally lay low.  We took a walk and stumbled upon a field of weeds growing.  Carly began picking them while I swayed back & forth getting my babe to sleep.  She looked up at me and said, "Join me, Mommy, join me!"  That alone melted my heart but as soon as I picked my first "flower" she excitedly exclaimed with a smile on her face, "Great job, Mommy!!!"  She picked so many flowers that she actually developed a stem burn (is that a thing?) on her right pinky.  She was pretty upset this had happened so I carried both her & Luke home while she said over & over, "get home daddy kiss it get band-aid..." So here you can see she is modeling her flowers while holding out her pinky with the band-aid on it.  She is the most precious thing on the face of the Earth. ;-)

Day 166: Happy Father's Day!  This day will get a post of its own!

No comments:

Post a Comment