Tuesday, June 24, 2014

"Let's Hear it For the Boy" {Luke 5 Months}

I just haven't had time to crank this out...so it'll be pretty short since I'm already 10 days late posting about my boy at 5 months.
  •  Luke is all about food.  He doesn't have much interest in nursing but each time we sit down at the table he whines until we put something in his mouth.  Folks I really didn't want to start solids before 6 months but I just couldn't keep it from him any longer.  Still just oatmeal and sucking on fruit...
  • Always needs something in this mouth!
  • Pushes up with his palms on the ground and can spin in circles
  • Has no interest in rolling but is sitting & standing quite frequently
  • Loves his jumper-roo
  • Reaches for toys and can entertain himself with something in his hand
  • Goes to sleep no problem (no CIO here which has been really great) but continues to wake after 45 minutes most naps
  • Eats about 5 times/day, has oatmeal at dinner & nurses twice in the night
  • His night time sleep is usually 11 hours compared to Carly's 9.5 so that gives me really great time to spend with C each morning since we put them to bed at the same time at night
  • Doesn't offer random smiles but a smile is a guarantee if you flash one at him first
  • He still needs to be held the majority of the day and will enter "I'm going to scream my head off" mode if everyone leaves the room & he's left alone!
  • 18 pounds and who knows how many inches...wearing mostly 9 month clothes and size 2 diapers only because we are trying to get through what we have.  
  • Because he's not sleep trained like his sissy he wakes up frequently in the night.  Some nights its 5-6 times.  So we've been pretty tired and if he doesn't shape up soon we will reach our capacity and make him CIO but until then we get up and go into his room for comforting.
 Luke gave me all 5 of his facial expressions we see (he's not nearly as expressive as his sis) during his photo shoot this month. This first photo is what I think of when I picture Luke & the expression he wears most often; complete with drool dripping off his lip.  The next few show a smirk, a laugh, a daze and a straight-face. They probably all look the same to you but of course they all look pretty different to me. ;-)






3 comments:

  1. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. Cochlear Implants

    ReplyDelete