Thursday, May 24, 2012

"A Friend's a Friend Forever...if the Lord's the Lord of Them"

The past week has been a wonderful week as Anna was in town visiting!  We picked her up on Monday just in time for her to babysit Carly while I went to work and then she and Brian hung out that night.  On Tuesday they came to visit me at DTD and we ate at Macaroni Grill then walked around a bit.  Wednesday we explored Magic Kingdom and EPCOT before getting caught in the rain.  We ate at Sonny's BBQ that night...somewhere we've taken nearly everyone who has visited us!  Thursday we went to Hollywood Studios and grilled chicken at home and Friday we went for a long walk before heading to the airport.  It was GREAT having her here and getting to spend quality time together.  We figured out that we were celebrating 15 years of friendship, 6 of which has been "long distance."  She has always been my best friend and I imagine she always will be. :)  She, of course, was fantastic with Carly!  I wish we lived closer...but I'll probably always wish that!  She inspired me to be a little bit more serious about my eating habits...so I have to say I've improved on that since you have been gone, Anna!




Speaking of weight...it's SO frustrating to have not lost more than 5 pounds in the last 12 weeks!  EVERYONE said nursing would help...you were all wrong!  It hasn't helped at all. I actually read that for many women their body holds onto the fat in order to produce the milk, then lets it go once you're done. Maybe that will be the case...but I doubt it.  Plus, that will be a long time from now because I think I'll nurse her for a while yet.  At any rate, it's been way harder than I thought it would be.  Oh well.

Carly had a nice growth spurt the past week and all she did was eat and sleep!  She is back on her regular schedule now but doesn't seem to be taking too many more ounces.  I have read that they should be drinking ounces based on this formula: [WEIGHT (X) 2.5]/# OF FEEDINGS PER DAY.  So Carly now weighs 10.5-11 pounds which would mean she is drinking 26-27 ounces per day which means she drinks 4 ounces per feeding. I actually think she is getting a different amount of milk each feeding, but that it adds up to 26 ounces per day.  For example, I think her first feeding is at least 5 ounces.

One thing that concerns us slightly is her length of naps.  She wont sleep much longer than 35 minutes, which for a 3 month old baby that is fairly uncommon.  I called our doctor to see what he had to say and he pretty much just said every baby is different and that I shouldn't be worried.  We don't go in for another month so maybe it will have changed by then.  It's so interesting how much her "routine" changes from week to week.  One week she will be an angel about taking naps and the next she will fight it tooth and nail.  For the past 2 months she has been going down great at night, no tears or anything...just drifts off into her dreams...then all of sudden this week when Brian would lay her down she would burst out wailing!  Silly girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment