Friday, May 25, 2012

"You Are Mine"

This is a beautiful song my Grandma told us we needed to listen to as a possible bedtime song for Carly.  It's written by the a Capella group, Go Fish, which is a wonderful group!  We love their songs and Carly seems to enjoy them as well.  I generally play the CD when we are in the car and she responds better to their music than to the radio.  You should really listen to it if you get the chance, but here are the lyrics:

Your busy day is at an end
Its time to go to sleep again
Before your dreams take you away
hear me when I say...

You are mine, I will never leave you
I will see you through the night,
and be here in the morning
Close your eyes,
have a good time dreaming
Knowing you will never be alone....
You are mine

Everyday, I see you grow
And as you do, I hope you know
That time brings change 
and that's okay
Cuz one thing will remain...

It's time to sleep, so close your eyes 
And let the stars shine from the sky
Up above God is watching you
And singing to you too.
He's saying...

I totally cried the first 5 times I heard it!  Brian and I both sing it to her a little bit at night now.  Maybe it will stick, maybe not.

Speaking of things that are "mine" I have to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Brian!  We have been married 3 years as of May 22nd!  So many of our friends sent us texts throughout the day wishing us a happy day, but funny thing is that the only family member who remembered was Brian's Aunt Paula!  Thanks for the card!!  I am so thankful for the incredible man God made just for me and am grateful for the life we have established together.  We've known each other for 11 years and dated 8 and a half of those years.  We have done a thousand fun things together and I look forward to the millions more!  On our first anniversary we decided that each year we would go to a fancy restaurant to have a super nice meal together (something we don't do often).  Well...this year I just told Brian to forget about it.  I wasn't about to get a babysitter and I knew we wouldn't be able to go to a nice restaurant with a baby.  But...Brian decided to make it special anyway by marinating some steak overnight and grilling for us that day before I had to go to work.  It was a lovely meal and I was thankful that he made the day fun despite not being able to do what we had planned.  We are hoping we can still go out together while his parents or my parents are here over the next 3 weeks. :)

I intended to write more of an update on Carly today...but that will have to wait until tomorrow.  Instead you can have a picture and wish you could kiss those cheeks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment