Sunday, May 13, 2012

"R-O-C-K in the U-S-A"

Happy Mothers Day!! This is my very first Mothers Day...in fact...last Mothers Day I had NO IDEA I would be celebrated this year!  Funny thing, isn't it?  Well...Brian kissed me goodbye this morning and when Carly woke up we had some great snuggle time!  Then we played and took a good long snuggle nap together!  It was so wonderful that I didn't want to wake us up when the time came.  I had a terrible night sleep last night so it was nice to have a nap before my long 3 days ahead.  This afternoon I strapped Carly to the Bjorn and we did some cleaning and tonight after Daddy gets home they will come to DTD to eat dinner with me!  Sounds like as good of a day as it can be keeping in mind our schedules.  Other than that I will recap the great week we had!

This past week we had two of my favorite people visit us in the sunshine state.  Trey and Tiff were great guests and it was fun to spend time with my siblings!!  This is the first time the three of us had done something together without our parents around.  Crazy, right?  But think about it...how often do all siblings in a family get together without parents?

They arrived late Thursday night and we spent all day Friday just relaxing.  We went grocery shopping and rented some movies, made cookies, laid on the couch and played with miss Carlita (as Tiff calls her).  Saturday we decided to venture over to Hollywood Studios and it was my first time riding a ROCKIN ROLLER COASTER  in a year!  Here's a super cute pic of the us girls...and one including Uncle Trey.



Tiff wore the Baby Bjorn all day...and thought it was pretty cool (well, minus the fact that in 90 degree heat it's also super hot.  Don't worry...we took Carly out plenty of times so she wouldn't overheat).  Here's a photo of Carly taking one of her naps.  Babies think the most odd looking positions are comfortable!



We walked from DHS to the Boardwalk and met Brian at Beaches'N'Cream for the Kitchen Sink!  If your wondering, we most certainly finished it!



I think the above picture is really neat.  It shows just how much Carly loves to stand up!  Once she figures out she can do that on her own there will be no turning back.  I bet she will be walking by Christmas (although I am totally okay if she waits until her first birthday).  Trey & Tiff are both looking at schools right now for after they graduate (Tiff from HS and Trey from college), so who knows, maybe they will end up in Florida? :)

Sunday we went to church, came home and had lunch (thanks, Trey, for making delicious fajitas since I wouldn't stop holding Carly), they babysat and I went to work.  I don't really know what they did that evening...but I'm sure they had fun with Brian.

Monday was more hanging out, then more babysitting.  After Brian got off work they jumped in the car and came to have dinner with me at DTD.  We ate at one of our favorite restaurants there, Raglan Road.  I got to nurse Carly (pumping at work really stinks) and then show her off a bit.

Tuesday morning Trey & Tiff headed to one of Disney's water parks, Typhoon Lagoon.  They had a blast and it was really nice to get to hang out alone with Brian and Carly.  I never realized how much of an introvert I am until we started hosting people for days at a time.  I love spending time with friends and family, but I need a few hours of alone time here and there (and by alone time, that means time with Brian and Carly...I don't usually need time ALL by myself...that's the extravert part of me).  I went to work before they got home and they left early Wednesday morning, so I really didn't see them after Monday afternoon.  I was sad about that, but we had a great first few days together.

Thanks for coming, guys!  Please come back soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post : ) So glad your brother & sister got to enjoy your little one! It stinks being far away but the visits are always SO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know I could comment. I always enjoy your blogs and the pics. Keep up the great work both at home and at work! You are doing an a+ awesome job and so is brian! Love you three SO much! ~Mom (Nana)

    ReplyDelete